Intercambio Sierra Nevada Exchange
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LOS DOS MUNDOS

3 posters

Go down

LOS DOS MUNDOS Empty Estoy totalmente de acuerdo

Post by Admin Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:24 pm

Ms. Snicker... I completely agree with you!!! Claro que has pensado mucho en este tema. La vida rural tiene sus ventajas y desventajas así como la vida urbana. Lo bueno es tener una idea de las dos vidas (rural y urbana) para que puedas tomar una decisión de tu futuro y donde te gustaría vivir de adulto basado en tu conocimiento de ambos mundos... Very Happy

Estoy de acuerdo contigo... You sure have thought a lot about this. Rural life has its advantages and its disadvantages just as urban life has. The good thing is to have an idea of both lives (rural and urban) so that you can make a decision about your future and about where you would like to live as an adult based on your knowledge of both worlds.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-12-12

http://sierranevadaexchange.com

Back to top Go down

LOS DOS MUNDOS Empty Hmmmm...

Post by ms.snickers Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:11 am

I'm not sure which I'd rather live in. I think it depends on what stage of life you're in. I know that I cannot wait to get out of this small town to a big city, where there are more resources, like libraries, and things to do, rather than just sit at home. Yes, I'm super-involved in different extra- and intra-curricular programs, and I love it, but I almost wonder if it isn't too much. In a big school, you generally get to pick two or three things (tops) and then you spend all of your time in that. That means you get good at it. If I spent all year training for track, and going to meets, I'd be much, much better. Or if I did only volleyball, or FFA, or choir, or who knows what. At the time being, I'm involved in all of the afore mentioned, and it pulls me into 16 directions. It creates conflict with meetings, and I feel like I'm being torn, being forced to choose, even though, technically, I don't have to. If your single-minded, you may not be well-rounded, but you get very good at what you do, and that would happen in a big school. I'm also curious what it's like NOT to know everybody. Everybody knowing everybody's business had its advantages and disadvantages. I think it's a nice environment to grow up, being in the country, small town, small school, and a great place to raise kids; but, I think you have to get out and find that there's more to life than our little valley. Everyone needs to get out of their box once in a while. So, as I said, it depends on your stage in life.

ms.snickers

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Back to top Go down

LOS DOS MUNDOS Empty Country all the way!

Post by James Manion Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:57 am

I definitly would rather live in the country. However, since I have never lived in a city before, I guess I don't really know what it's like in a city. But just taking a guess, I think I would really prefer living in the county than in a city. Cities are just so impersonal to me. I like the small town relations ships here, and that everyone knows each other.

I would go as far as to say that there is more possibilities in a rural area than in a city. Sure there is less variety of opportunity, but in small towns it is much much more easier to take advantanges of opportunities. If you want to help run a program or be an officer, than you have a good chance of being one. If you want to start a program, just start one. I have been blessed because I can work in nearly anything I want to, because in small areas things need support and will take any help they can get. Plus school is so comfortable since you know everyone, you know the teachers on a personal basis, and you are extremely safe. There are no gangs or usually no fights what so ever. Finally, in small areas, if you want something to happen or something to change, you actually have a good chance of getting something changed or done.

James Manion

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Back to top Go down

LOS DOS MUNDOS Empty LOS DOS MUNDOS

Post by Admin Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:31 pm

A mí, me gusta caminar en las montañas y nadar en los ríos y lagos. Tenemos mucha suerte vivir donde uno se puede jugar al aire libre. Me gusta ir a la ciudad para ir al cine, ir de compras, eccetera. No vivimos muy lejos de una ciudad y así podemos disfrutar de los dos mundos diferentes. Para mí, es lo mejor. ¿Cuál preferirías tú? ¿Vivir en el campo y visitar la ciudad o vivir en la ciudad y visitar el campo? ¿Por qué?

I like to hike in the mountains and swim in the rivers and lakes. We are lucky to live where one can play outside. I like to go to the city to go to the movies, go shopping, etc. We don´t live far from the city and that way we can enjoy the two different worlds. For me, it´s the best. Which would you prefer? To live in the country and visit the city or to live in the city and visit the country? Why? sunny

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-12-12

http://sierranevadaexchange.com

Back to top Go down

LOS DOS MUNDOS Empty Re: LOS DOS MUNDOS

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum